New York News
Is divorced the new single?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Do women want a guy who's divorced? Does it matter?
Only a few admitted that a divorced man gets them wondering.
30-year-old Melanie Berliet, a never married New York writer, says she thinks that divorced men are better in relationships. In fact, she's in a relationship with one now.
"It's great! Why? Because he learned from mistakes," said Berliet.
On the other hand, a lot of women say the reverse is true - especially if a guy is older and hasn't been married. Women may wonder what is wrong with him. Relationship experts say they are onto something - instead of thinking of divorce as a failure , think of it as a learning experience
Rachel Sussman says women do favor divorcees now, and it makes more men available."If you can keep an open mind, include a divorced man and live the life you dreamed of," advises Sussman.
Is the same true of men? Do they look for divorced women? Most single people agree with Berliet. Instead, just focus on how you feel, and how you are treated.
"Coming in second can be better!" Berliet added.
Maybe practice can get you closer to perfect.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, michelle charlesworth
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring 36 min ago
- Brownsville hit and run accident kills pedestrian 19 min ago
- Long Island man charged with shooting wife in domestic dispute 7 min ago
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
30 min ago