New York News
Is divorced the new single?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Do women want a guy who's divorced? Does it matter?
Only a few admitted that a divorced man gets them wondering.
30-year-old Melanie Berliet, a never married New York writer, says she thinks that divorced men are better in relationships. In fact, she's in a relationship with one now.
"It's great! Why? Because he learned from mistakes," said Berliet.
On the other hand, a lot of women say the reverse is true - especially if a guy is older and hasn't been married. Women may wonder what is wrong with him. Relationship experts say they are onto something - instead of thinking of divorce as a failure , think of it as a learning experience
Rachel Sussman says women do favor divorcees now, and it makes more men available."If you can keep an open mind, include a divorced man and live the life you dreamed of," advises Sussman.
Is the same true of men? Do they look for divorced women? Most single people agree with Berliet. Instead, just focus on how you feel, and how you are treated.
"Coming in second can be better!" Berliet added.
Maybe practice can get you closer to perfect.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, michelle charlesworth
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash