New York News
Poll: Christine Quinn ahead in 2013 mayoral race
NEW YORK -- In a potential matchup, a new poll shows New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly trailing each of the three leading Democratic candidates in the 2013 mayoral race by double digits.
A Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found that Council Speaker Christine Quinn tops a Republican Kelly by 48 to 33 percent.
Former city Comptroller William Thompson and Public Advocate Bill de Blasio both beat Kelly by 46 to 34 percent.
Voters approve of Kelly's performance as police commissioner by 66 to 23 percent. The second highest rating went to Quinn with a 57 percent job approval rating.
The poll surveyed 1,006 registered voters by phone from May 3 to May 8. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, christine quinn, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 22 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 12 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos