New York News
Poll: Christine Quinn ahead in 2013 mayoral race
NEW YORK -- In a potential matchup, a new poll shows New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly trailing each of the three leading Democratic candidates in the 2013 mayoral race by double digits.
A Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found that Council Speaker Christine Quinn tops a Republican Kelly by 48 to 33 percent.
Former city Comptroller William Thompson and Public Advocate Bill de Blasio both beat Kelly by 46 to 34 percent.
Voters approve of Kelly's performance as police commissioner by 66 to 23 percent. The second highest rating went to Quinn with a 57 percent job approval rating.
The poll surveyed 1,006 registered voters by phone from May 3 to May 8. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, christine quinn, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide