New York News
Series of similar iPhone muggings in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Law enforcement sources say there have been a series of similar muggings in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn.
Lili Chehrazi, 26, was attacked shortly after midnight on April 9. She walked out of the subway on her way to a friend's apartment in a high rise at the corner of Kozciousko and Spencer Court.
There were two suspects. Chehrazi said a woman distracted her by asking her for the time.
"They knew I had my phone out so they knew I was an easy target," she said.
Then, she said, the male suspect put his arm around her neck.
"He put me in a headlock and slowly whispered in my ear, 'This is a stick up,'" she said.
The suspects got away with her purse, IDs, iPhone and cash. They may also be connected to other similar muggings in this area. Residents are aware of the pattern.
"This is not an isolated incident," area resident Brian Francis said. "This happens, and if you are not aware of your surroundings, it will happen again."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, clinton hill, brooklyn, robbery, iphone, new york news, jeff pegues
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 1 min ago
- Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car 10 min ago
- 2 killed, 1 missing after small plane crashes in upstate New York 3 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse