New York News
Series of similar iPhone muggings in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Law enforcement sources say there have been a series of similar muggings in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn.
Lili Chehrazi, 26, was attacked shortly after midnight on April 9. She walked out of the subway on her way to a friend's apartment in a high rise at the corner of Kozciousko and Spencer Court.
There were two suspects. Chehrazi said a woman distracted her by asking her for the time.
"They knew I had my phone out so they knew I was an easy target," she said.
Then, she said, the male suspect put his arm around her neck.
"He put me in a headlock and slowly whispered in my ear, 'This is a stick up,'" she said.
The suspects got away with her purse, IDs, iPhone and cash. They may also be connected to other similar muggings in this area. Residents are aware of the pattern.
"This is not an isolated incident," area resident Brian Francis said. "This happens, and if you are not aware of your surroundings, it will happen again."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, clinton hill, brooklyn, robbery, iphone, new york news, jeff pegues
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 33 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
1 min ago