New York News
Series of similar iPhone muggings in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Law enforcement sources say there have been a series of similar muggings in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn.
Lili Chehrazi, 26, was attacked shortly after midnight on April 9. She walked out of the subway on her way to a friend's apartment in a high rise at the corner of Kozciousko and Spencer Court.
There were two suspects. Chehrazi said a woman distracted her by asking her for the time.
"They knew I had my phone out so they knew I was an easy target," she said.
Then, she said, the male suspect put his arm around her neck.
"He put me in a headlock and slowly whispered in my ear, 'This is a stick up,'" she said.
The suspects got away with her purse, IDs, iPhone and cash. They may also be connected to other similar muggings in this area. Residents are aware of the pattern.
"This is not an isolated incident," area resident Brian Francis said. "This happens, and if you are not aware of your surroundings, it will happen again."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, clinton hill, brooklyn, robbery, iphone, new york news, jeff pegues
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act