New York News
1 killed in apartment fire in Brooklyn
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- An early morning fire killed one person in Brooklyn.
Crews were called to the burning apartment on Furman Avenue in Bushwick 4:00 Saturday morning.
Police said firefighters found 25 year old Lorena Escalera inside a third floor apartment. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Other apartment residents escaped the flames, thanks to a good Samaritan passing by who helped them drop the fire escape.
The victim's identity has not been released.
There were no other injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bushwick, fire, fire death, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Sketch released of suspect wanted in luring
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel