New York News
1 killed in apartment fire in Brooklyn
BUSHWICK (WABC) -- An early morning fire killed one person in Brooklyn.
Crews were called to the burning apartment on Furman Avenue in Bushwick 4:00 Saturday morning.
Police said firefighters found 25 year old Lorena Escalera inside a third floor apartment. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Other apartment residents escaped the flames, thanks to a good Samaritan passing by who helped them drop the fire escape.
The victim's identity has not been released.
There were no other injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bushwick, fire, fire death, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen