New York News
Injured passenger transferred from cruise ship
NEW YORK -- New York City police officers linked up with a cruise ship that was already underway in the waters near the Verrazano Bridge to get to a 60-year-old man who needed medical attention.
Police said the passenger on the Norwegian Gem had become disoriented Saturday evening after falling and hitting his head.
NYPD officers in a boat patrolling the area were notified.
They decided to do a transfer - while the vessels were still moving.
The police boat came up alongside the cruise ship, and the man was transferred.
Authorities said he was taken to a hospital on Staten Island, where he is in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, cruise ship, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 47 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act