New York News
Injured passenger transferred from cruise ship
NEW YORK -- New York City police officers linked up with a cruise ship that was already underway in the waters near the Verrazano Bridge to get to a 60-year-old man who needed medical attention.
Police said the passenger on the Norwegian Gem had become disoriented Saturday evening after falling and hitting his head.
NYPD officers in a boat patrolling the area were notified.
They decided to do a transfer - while the vessels were still moving.
The police boat came up alongside the cruise ship, and the man was transferred.
Authorities said he was taken to a hospital on Staten Island, where he is in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, cruise ship, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees