New York News
Man arrested with drugs, son in car in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A simple traffic stop in Queens led to a complicated drug arrest Sunday.
Two officers on foot patrol say they found two kilos of cocaine, a knife and small bags of crack and marijuana in a car they pulled over in Jamaica for having excessively tinted windows.
The officers smelled marijuana and ordered the 34-year-old driver, Silvestre Mahon, and his 13-year-old son out of the vehicle.
Mahon, from Norwich, Connecticut, was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a weapon, unlawful possession of marijuana, an equipment violation for the excessive window tinting and acting in a manner injurious to a child less than 17.
The boy was picked up by his mother.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jamaica, queens, drug arrest, new york news
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 16 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 59 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
28 min ago