New York News
'Jimmy Kimmel Live' coming to Brooklyn in October
NEW YORK (WABC) -- For the first time in nearly 10 seasons on the air, "Jimmy Kimmel Live" will travel to the east coast.
From October 29 through November 2, Kimmel will broadcast from his birthplace of Brooklyn, New York.
ABC and Kimmel announced Monday, while co- hosting "Live! With Kelly," that the show will originate from the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the historic performing arts center that has been the cultural epicenter of Brooklyn since 1861.
This is the first Jimmy Kimmel road trip since 2006, when the show broadcast from the famous GEM Theater to record one of Kimmel's highest-rated weeks ever.
The citizens and sights of Brooklyn will be featured throughout the week, along with special guests, segments and music acts.
Kimmel's week in Brooklyn coincides with the inaugural season of the newly-minted Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 31 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 5 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years 56 min ago