New York News
'Jimmy Kimmel Live' coming to Brooklyn in October
NEW YORK (WABC) -- For the first time in nearly 10 seasons on the air, "Jimmy Kimmel Live" will travel to the east coast.
From October 29 through November 2, Kimmel will broadcast from his birthplace of Brooklyn, New York.
ABC and Kimmel announced Monday, while co- hosting "Live! With Kelly," that the show will originate from the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the historic performing arts center that has been the cultural epicenter of Brooklyn since 1861.
This is the first Jimmy Kimmel road trip since 2006, when the show broadcast from the famous GEM Theater to record one of Kimmel's highest-rated weeks ever.
The citizens and sights of Brooklyn will be featured throughout the week, along with special guests, segments and music acts.
Kimmel's week in Brooklyn coincides with the inaugural season of the newly-minted Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 10 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
43 min ago