New York News
'Jimmy Kimmel Live' coming to Brooklyn in October
NEW YORK (WABC) -- For the first time in nearly 10 seasons on the air, "Jimmy Kimmel Live" will travel to the east coast.
From October 29 through November 2, Kimmel will broadcast from his birthplace of Brooklyn, New York.
ABC and Kimmel announced Monday, while co- hosting "Live! With Kelly," that the show will originate from the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the historic performing arts center that has been the cultural epicenter of Brooklyn since 1861.
This is the first Jimmy Kimmel road trip since 2006, when the show broadcast from the famous GEM Theater to record one of Kimmel's highest-rated weeks ever.
The citizens and sights of Brooklyn will be featured throughout the week, along with special guests, segments and music acts.
Kimmel's week in Brooklyn coincides with the inaugural season of the newly-minted Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 51 min ago
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile