New York News
'Jimmy Kimmel Live' coming to Brooklyn in October
NEW YORK (WABC) -- For the first time in nearly 10 seasons on the air, "Jimmy Kimmel Live" will travel to the east coast.
From October 29 through November 2, Kimmel will broadcast from his birthplace of Brooklyn, New York.
ABC and Kimmel announced Monday, while co- hosting "Live! With Kelly," that the show will originate from the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the historic performing arts center that has been the cultural epicenter of Brooklyn since 1861.
This is the first Jimmy Kimmel road trip since 2006, when the show broadcast from the famous GEM Theater to record one of Kimmel's highest-rated weeks ever.
The citizens and sights of Brooklyn will be featured throughout the week, along with special guests, segments and music acts.
Kimmel's week in Brooklyn coincides with the inaugural season of the newly-minted Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son