New York News
Man accused of smuggling cocaine in nail polish
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Deodorant and nail polish are items you may find commonly find in a traveler's luggage.
But a passenger going through John F. Kennedy Airport apparently used them to smuggle cocaine.
Police say 17 deodorants, 24 nail polish bottles, 16 magic markers and more than 680 buttons were all stuffed with cocaine. The items were found in luggage belonging to Tomas Sykora, of Haiti.
Sykora now faces federal narcotics smuggling charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, jfk international airport, drug, drug arrest, new york news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River 53 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 51 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
51 min ago