New York News
Man jumps on subway tracks to rescue woman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- "Stay off the subway tracks," is a warning Greg Wetzel has repeated over and over again to his kids.
So what did dad do this weekend? He jumped onto the subway tracks.
Wetzel was with his two young sons and 4-year-old daughter when he spotted an unconscious woman on the tracks.
It happened Saturday at the 72nd Street station on the Upper West Side.
When he saw the woman, Wetzel leaped down onto the tracks and helped lift her onto the platform just moments before a train rolled through.
The 50-year-old woman was taken to the hospital.
Wetzel says the ordeal likely reinforced his message of subway safety for his kids.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, subway, new york news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma