New York News
Man jumps on subway tracks to rescue woman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- "Stay off the subway tracks," is a warning Greg Wetzel has repeated over and over again to his kids.
So what did dad do this weekend? He jumped onto the subway tracks.
Wetzel was with his two young sons and 4-year-old daughter when he spotted an unconscious woman on the tracks.
It happened Saturday at the 72nd Street station on the Upper West Side.
When he saw the woman, Wetzel leaped down onto the tracks and helped lift her onto the platform just moments before a train rolled through.
The 50-year-old woman was taken to the hospital.
Wetzel says the ordeal likely reinforced his message of subway safety for his kids.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, subway, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 55 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 16 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 49 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 50 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
40 min ago