New York News
Credit card thieves go on a shopping spree
QUEENS (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for three people who went on a shopping spree with someone else's credit cards.
The credit cards were stolen over a two day period in Queens.
The first victim lost his wallet and credit cards while shipping at 16-35 Junction Boulevard at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 6. One suspect distracted the 63-year-old man, while a second suspect bumped into him and took the wallet.
The next day, the suspects struck again. First, one of the suspects bumped into a 34-year-old woman at a store at 96-05 Queens Boulevard around 3:30 p.m. The woman later realized that her wallet was missing from her purse.
An hour later, a 43-year-old woman was victimized at the same store. Someone took her wallet from her purse.
In all three cases, all of the credit cards were used at nearby department stores.
The suspects are described as a Hispanic man in his 30s with black short straight hair with a dyed blond streak on one side. He has a tattoo of the name "Rickey" on the side of his neck.
Descriptions of the other two suspects are not as detailed. One is described as a black or Hispanic woman in her late 30s with short black hair. The other is a black or Hispanic woman in her 40s with short black hair and a light complexion.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, crime, credit card, new york news
- 51 people confirmed dead in Okla. tornado 39 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers