New York News
Credit card thieves go on a shopping spree
QUEENS (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for three people who went on a shopping spree with someone else's credit cards.
The credit cards were stolen over a two day period in Queens.
The first victim lost his wallet and credit cards while shipping at 16-35 Junction Boulevard at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 6. One suspect distracted the 63-year-old man, while a second suspect bumped into him and took the wallet.
The next day, the suspects struck again. First, one of the suspects bumped into a 34-year-old woman at a store at 96-05 Queens Boulevard around 3:30 p.m. The woman later realized that her wallet was missing from her purse.
An hour later, a 43-year-old woman was victimized at the same store. Someone took her wallet from her purse.
In all three cases, all of the credit cards were used at nearby department stores.
The suspects are described as a Hispanic man in his 30s with black short straight hair with a dyed blond streak on one side. He has a tattoo of the name "Rickey" on the side of his neck.
Descriptions of the other two suspects are not as detailed. One is described as a black or Hispanic woman in her late 30s with short black hair. The other is a black or Hispanic woman in her 40s with short black hair and a light complexion.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, crime, credit card, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire 15 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
24 min ago