New York News
Man arrested in Crown Heights double shooting
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- One man is under arrest after a shooting in Brooklyn left a 12-year-old boy injured Monday night.
The shots rang out inside the Rugged Sole shoe store on 298 Utica Avenue in Crown Heights around 7:30, hitting a 12-year-old in the right leg and striking a 34-year-old man. Both victims were rushed to Kings County Hospital, where they are expected to survive.
As for why a sneaker store turned into shooting range, police report it all began with some kind of dispute in the shop, which somehow ended in a shootout.
Police believe the 12-year-old was an innocent bystander, and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is not clear if the young boy is related to the 34-year-old who was shot.
Police say a 45-year-old man has been charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment.
Detectives believe the gunman fled the scene. He is described as a 21-year-old in gray jeans. ---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, crown heights, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 12 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
12 min ago