New York News
Man arrested in Crown Heights double shooting
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- One man is under arrest after a shooting in Brooklyn left a 12-year-old boy injured Monday night.
The shots rang out inside the Rugged Sole shoe store on 298 Utica Avenue in Crown Heights around 7:30, hitting a 12-year-old in the right leg and striking a 34-year-old man. Both victims were rushed to Kings County Hospital, where they are expected to survive.
As for why a sneaker store turned into shooting range, police report it all began with some kind of dispute in the shop, which somehow ended in a shootout.
Police believe the 12-year-old was an innocent bystander, and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is not clear if the young boy is related to the 34-year-old who was shot.
Police say a 45-year-old man has been charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment.
Detectives believe the gunman fled the scene. He is described as a 21-year-old in gray jeans. ---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, crown heights, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 36 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Carteret freight train derailment closes turnpike ramps 20 min ago
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video 47 min ago
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Carteret freight train derailment closes...
20 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos