New York News
Man arrested in Crown Heights double shooting
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- One man is under arrest after a shooting in Brooklyn left a 12-year-old boy injured Monday night.
The shots rang out inside the Rugged Sole shoe store on 298 Utica Avenue in Crown Heights around 7:30, hitting a 12-year-old in the right leg and striking a 34-year-old man. Both victims were rushed to Kings County Hospital, where they are expected to survive.
As for why a sneaker store turned into shooting range, police report it all began with some kind of dispute in the shop, which somehow ended in a shootout.
Police believe the 12-year-old was an innocent bystander, and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is not clear if the young boy is related to the 34-year-old who was shot.
Police say a 45-year-old man has been charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment.
Detectives believe the gunman fled the scene. He is described as a 21-year-old in gray jeans. ---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, crown heights, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- Tornado Warning in parts of Sullivan County 2 min ago
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 45 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 58 min ago
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos