New York News
Woman, 20, critical after Park Avenue hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 20-year-old woman was struck by a hit-and-run driver in Midtown Tuesday evening, and the driver then hit two other vehicles in his attempt to flee the scene.
The victim was crossing Park Avenue at 34th Street at around 6:20 p.m when she was struck by a Ford Explorer. Witnesses say she was flung into the air. She was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where she is listed in critical but stable condition.
The driver tried to flee the scene, striking the rear of a yellow cab, which then hit another cab on Park Avenue.
He turned west on 33rd Street and rear-ended a private sanitation vehicle at 5th Avenue, where he was taken into custody.
Charges are pending.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 27 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Photos: Suspect wanted in attempted rape and robbery
- George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr 14 min ago
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas 39 min ago
- Malaysia denies report that missing plane kept flying 57 min ago
- Report: Average Wall Street bonus tops $164,000 51 min ago