New York News
Woman, 20, critical after Park Avenue hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 20-year-old woman was struck by a hit-and-run driver in Midtown Tuesday evening, and the driver then hit two other vehicles in his attempt to flee the scene.
The victim was crossing Park Avenue at 34th Street at around 6:20 p.m when she was struck by a Ford Explorer. Witnesses say she was flung into the air. She was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where she is listed in critical but stable condition.
The driver tried to flee the scene, striking the rear of a yellow cab, which then hit another cab on Park Avenue.
He turned west on 33rd Street and rear-ended a private sanitation vehicle at 5th Avenue, where he was taken into custody.
Charges are pending.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 7 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013