New York News
Authorities investigating possible murder-suicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman is dead and a man is in critical condition in what sources say looks like an attempted murder suicide in a Bayside, Queens, home.
Firefighters were called to 39-20 214th Place at 7:24 p.m. on Wednesday for a fire. They found the husband and wife in the basement where the fire started.
A 57-year-old woman was found with a serious head wound. She was taken to Flushing Hospital, where she was later pronounced dead.
A 56-year-old man was found hanging in the basement in an apparent suicide attempt. He was unconscious, and was taken to New York Hospital Queens in critical condition.
The couple's landlord said the pair fought constantly.
Three firefighters suffered minor injuries.
The fire was contained to the basement and placed under control around 8:30 p.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, murder, murder suicide, new york news, jeff pegues
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 38 min ago
- Ramarley Graham's parents to join rally in Harlem 31 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos