New York News
Woman, 21, killed in Union Square hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pedestrian was fatally struck in Union Square by a dump truck that left the scene early Thursday.
The woman, just 21 years old, was crossing Broadway at East 14th Street when she was struck at around 1:30 a.m.
She was pronounced dead at Beth Israel Medical Center.
Eyewitnesses said the vehicle, believed to be a dump truck, briefly stopped before leaving the scene.
No arrests were immediately made.
Police are checking surveillance cameras in the area and were trying to contact the company that operated the vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, union square, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos