New York News
Teenager fatally shot on Brooklyn street
BEDFORD-STUYVESANT (WABC) -- Investigators are trying to solve a murder in Brooklyn, where a teenager was fatally shot Friday night.
18-year old Isaiah Roberts was found unconscious in front of a building on Howard Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Police say he had suffered a gunshot wound to the back.
He was transported to Kings County Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
The aspiring architect and avid soccer player was killed in what may have been a robbery gone bad.
A neighbor says Isaiah and a friend had been robbed at gunpoint.
Roberts, who was born in Trinidad, had been attending the Henry Street School for International Studies on the Lower East Side, and planned to attend college in the fall.
"Right now I'm at a loss for words, I don't know what to say," said his mother Genevieve Roberts-Killiebrew.
"I can't believe somebody would take my son. I hope they find the person that took my one and only son."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, murder, shooting, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 31 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
1 min ago