New York News
Teenager fatally shot on Brooklyn street
BEDFORD-STUYVESANT (WABC) -- Investigators are trying to solve a murder in Brooklyn, where a teenager was fatally shot Friday night.
18-year old Isaiah Roberts was found unconscious in front of a building on Howard Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Police say he had suffered a gunshot wound to the back.
He was transported to Kings County Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
The aspiring architect and avid soccer player was killed in what may have been a robbery gone bad.
A neighbor says Isaiah and a friend had been robbed at gunpoint.
Roberts, who was born in Trinidad, had been attending the Henry Street School for International Studies on the Lower East Side, and planned to attend college in the fall.
"Right now I'm at a loss for words, I don't know what to say," said his mother Genevieve Roberts-Killiebrew.
"I can't believe somebody would take my son. I hope they find the person that took my one and only son."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, murder, shooting, new york news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers