New York News
Water main break disrupts Queens subway service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- In Queens, 'N' trains are back on schedule after a late night water main break.
A 20-inch main broke in a transit tunnel at Northern Boulevard and 40th Road, just after 11 p.m.
The result was no service from the Queensboro Plaza Station to the Astoria Ditmars Boulevard station for roughly four hours.
Riders say they didn't know why service was disrupted.
And some were forced to walk home.
"I waited for a train and it never came. I don't know why the train was stopped, they didn't tell me anything," said one rider.
"We had to walk two miles at home at midnight when I was expecting it would be a five-minute train ride," another rider said.
Regular service was restored early Sunday morning.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, long island city, queens, water main break, subway, new york news
- Missing Malaysia jet may have turned back 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 21 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 42 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
38 min ago