New York News
21-year-old Air Force veteran killed in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An Air Force veteran was in town for just 24 hours - his family says he was thrilled to celebrate his cousin's baptism.
Instead, his family, including his pregnant mother spent Sunday at the Bronx Criminal Courthouse waiting for a judge to arraign his accused murderer.Police say 21-year-old Fabian Gonzalez was walking with his cousin at around 2:30 Saturday morning when he was shot and killed by 18-year-old Jordan Agosto near Tremont and Castle Hill Avenues. Investigators say Agosto opened fire on them because he had an argument with a man he believed was their friend. Gonzalez's family says he had only been in The Bronx for a day from fort Eustis in Newport News Virginia and didn't know anyone here. "Never in a million years would I think that on Memorial Day my nephew would be the victim of a crime," said the victim's aunt, Felicita Saldana Wilson. The suspect is charged with murder and manslaughter. His next court date is on June 1st.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters | Text Alerts
new york city, bronx, new york news, carolina leid
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane 4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series 28 min ago
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos