New York News
4 officers shot in Brooklyn standoff to get promotions
SHEEPSHEAD BAY (WABC) -- Three hero New York City police officers who were shot in the line of duty are being promoted.
The officers were hit in the legs last month when they stormed an apartment in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn.
An armed ex-convict had barricaded himself there with his pregnant girlfriend and 4-month-old son.
Detectives Kenneth Ayala and Michael Keenan and Officer Michael Granahan will all be promoted during a ceremony at police headquarters.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sheepshead bay, crime, shooting, police officer shot, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 24 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 52 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings 20 min ago
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 2 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 18 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos