New York News
4 officers shot in Brooklyn standoff to get promotions
SHEEPSHEAD BAY (WABC) -- Three hero New York City police officers who were shot in the line of duty are being promoted.
The officers were hit in the legs last month when they stormed an apartment in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn.
An armed ex-convict had barricaded himself there with his pregnant girlfriend and 4-month-old son.
Detectives Kenneth Ayala and Michael Keenan and Officer Michael Granahan will all be promoted during a ceremony at police headquarters.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sheepshead bay, crime, shooting, police officer shot, new york news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 7 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Photos: Victims of East Harlem Explosion
- Australia, Kazakhstan join search for missing plane
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote 38 min ago
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust' 38 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon