New York News
3,800 without power on Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Around 3,800 Con Edison customers on the North Shore of Staten Island are without power.
The affected neighborhoods include Westerleigh and Port Richmond.
The outage started at 6:20 p.m. on Tuesday. There are some traffic lights in the area that are also out.
A spokeswoman says Con Ed crews are working on restoring power, but they are not sure how long it will take.
The cause of the outage is unknown.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, power outage, new york news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos