New York News
Another hot commute on tap at Penn Station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It could be another day of hot and frustrating commutes for those who use Penn Station.
The air conditioning is running, but it is not strong enough to combat the high heat and humidity.
That means little relief for sweltering commuters who are waiting for trains.
Old-fashioned fans are cooling riders.
Amtrak, who maintains the station, says it's in the middle of a long-term project to replace the air conditioning system.
Due to the heat conditions in the 7th Avenue concourse, officials are advising passengers to wait on the 8th Avenue side or use PATH service, which is accepting New Jersey Transit rail tickets/passes from 33rd Street to Hoboken Terminal and NPS only from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. While regular rail service continues to operate from NY Penn Station, AMTRAK is repairing the problem.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, penn station, new york news
- House fire in New Brunswick 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 19 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 57 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside! 20 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire 53 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
57 min ago