New York News
Students say teacher captured on video kissing student
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Yet another New York City public school teacher in hot water for alleged inappropriate behavior.
Some are saying she was caught on camera in a passionate kiss with one of her students.
Despite the video, the teacher says it is not her.
They look like the typical young couple showing affection in a park downtown, except witnesses say she is 26-year-old high school teacher Julie Warning and he is her 18 year-old student, Eric Arty and the students putting out this video say they were shocked.
They say they saw their classmate and teacher strolling 10 blocks before hugging and kissing and so they followed them.
The students from Manhattan Theater Lab High School on the Upper West Side, who gave Eyewitness News the video asked us to protect their identity.
Both Warning and Arty reportedly deny that it is her in the pictures, but today classmates say he was not at school and the Chancellor says she was not allowed back at the school, and the city is investigating.
"It's my understanding that today, she did not show up to her re-assignmnent center," he said.
Because he is 18, her behavior is more improper than illegal, but the teacher could still lose her job.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, stacey sager
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos