New York News
City Council considers mandatory bike helmet law
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Bicycle stores in the five boroughs of New York City might want to stock up on bike helmets.
A bill being introduced in the City Council would reportedly require bike riders of all ages to wear helmets while riding in the city.
The current law requires helmets only for those under 14.
But even if the new bill passes in the council, the Wall Street Journal says it will face opposition from Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help