New York News
City Council considers mandatory bike helmet law
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Bicycle stores in the five boroughs of New York City might want to stock up on bike helmets.
A bill being introduced in the City Council would reportedly require bike riders of all ages to wear helmets while riding in the city.
The current law requires helmets only for those under 14.
But even if the new bill passes in the council, the Wall Street Journal says it will face opposition from Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment 47 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos