New York News
75-year-old driver crashes minivan into Brooklyn McDonald's
MARINE PARK (WABC) -- Neighbors say The victim was a wife, mother and grandmother. Police say the 75-year-old driver was trying to parallel park, but she lost control and jumped the curb onto this busy sidewalk.
Witnesses say it came without warning. A black Nissan Quest plowed threw the front window of a Marine Park Mcdonald's, hitting and pinning a 64-year-old woman between the wall and the minivan.
"We work here and I hear a big boom. there was glass all over the place and I saw this beautiful woman laying on the ground," said witness Joe Damato.
Phyliss Pitt was walking along Flatbush Avenue near 48th street not far from her home just before 1 p.m. on Thursday.
"I just heard a skidmark and we just thought it was the glass. We didn't think it was a big deal, but when we all came out there was a lady behind the vehicle that was struck," said witness Herman Morales.
As workers cleaned up the glass and boarded up the window, the victim's neighbor watched news reports hoping Mrs. Pitt would make it back home to her family.
"I felt that it cant be true. Something like this doesn't happen to somebody that you know," said Lisa Cronen.
Police do not suspect any criminality. CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS OF THE ACCIDENT FROM NEWSCOPTER 7
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, marine park, accident, new york news, carolina leid
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 32 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
20 min ago