New York News
75-year-old driver crashes minivan into Brooklyn McDonald's
MARINE PARK (WABC) -- Neighbors say The victim was a wife, mother and grandmother. Police say the 75-year-old driver was trying to parallel park, but she lost control and jumped the curb onto this busy sidewalk.
Witnesses say it came without warning. A black Nissan Quest plowed threw the front window of a Marine Park Mcdonald's, hitting and pinning a 64-year-old woman between the wall and the minivan.
"We work here and I hear a big boom. there was glass all over the place and I saw this beautiful woman laying on the ground," said witness Joe Damato.
Phyliss Pitt was walking along Flatbush Avenue near 48th street not far from her home just before 1 p.m. on Thursday.
"I just heard a skidmark and we just thought it was the glass. We didn't think it was a big deal, but when we all came out there was a lady behind the vehicle that was struck," said witness Herman Morales.
As workers cleaned up the glass and boarded up the window, the victim's neighbor watched news reports hoping Mrs. Pitt would make it back home to her family.
"I felt that it cant be true. Something like this doesn't happen to somebody that you know," said Lisa Cronen.
Police do not suspect any criminality. CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS OF THE ACCIDENT FROM NEWSCOPTER 7
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, marine park, accident, new york news, carolina leid
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up 29 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
29 min ago