New York News
Woman killed in fast-moving fire
WILLIAMSBURG (WABC) -- A fast-moving fire in Brooklyn has killed a 59 year old woman.
The fire started on the third floor of a four story brownstone in Williamsburg just after 9:00 Friday night.
Firefighters ran inside to get residents out safely, but the smoky fire proved to be too big.
After getting the fire under control, firefighters found the woman's body.
Her name has not been released.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, williamsburg, brooklyn, fire, fire death, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 15 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 9 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos