New York News
Woman killed in fast-moving fire
WILLIAMSBURG (WABC) -- A fast-moving fire in Brooklyn has killed a 59 year old woman.
The fire started on the third floor of a four story brownstone in Williamsburg just after 9:00 Friday night.
Firefighters ran inside to get residents out safely, but the smoky fire proved to be too big.
After getting the fire under control, firefighters found the woman's body.
Her name has not been released.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, williamsburg, brooklyn, fire, fire death, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos