New York News
4 shot, 1 fatally, on basketball court in Harlem
HARLEM (WABC) -- Investigators took over the neighborhood basketball court on Sunday night at West 129th Street and Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard looking for answers into a fatal shooting.
At 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, while it was still bright outside, shots came showering down on a basketball court.
Police say four men in a friendly pick-up game fell victim to street violence. A 25-year-old man, identified as Hakim Green, was shot in the back and pronounced dead at Harlem Hospital. A 23-year-old was shot in the head and is currently in stable condition. A 20-year-old who was grazed in the head and a 19-year-old who was hit in the leg are also both in stable condition.
Police searched the roof of the building across the street, checking from every angle for suspects.
Eyewitness News is told there was no fight before the shooting. Detectives have no idea why one young man was sacrificed under the hoops.
Anti-violence advocates are pleading for all sides to lay down arms.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos