New York News
4 shot, 1 fatally, on basketball court in Harlem
HARLEM (WABC) -- Investigators took over the neighborhood basketball court on Sunday night at West 129th Street and Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard looking for answers into a fatal shooting.
At 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, while it was still bright outside, shots came showering down on a basketball court.
Police say four men in a friendly pick-up game fell victim to street violence. A 25-year-old man, identified as Hakim Green, was shot in the back and pronounced dead at Harlem Hospital. A 23-year-old was shot in the head and is currently in stable condition. A 20-year-old who was grazed in the head and a 19-year-old who was hit in the leg are also both in stable condition.
Police searched the roof of the building across the street, checking from every angle for suspects.
Eyewitness News is told there was no fight before the shooting. Detectives have no idea why one young man was sacrificed under the hoops.
Anti-violence advocates are pleading for all sides to lay down arms.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 35 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos