New York News
4 shot, 1 fatally, on basketball court in Harlem
HARLEM (WABC) -- Investigators took over the neighborhood basketball court on Sunday night at West 129th Street and Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard looking for answers into a fatal shooting.
At 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, while it was still bright outside, shots came showering down on a basketball court.
Police say four men in a friendly pick-up game fell victim to street violence. A 25-year-old man, identified as Hakim Green, was shot in the back and pronounced dead at Harlem Hospital. A 23-year-old was shot in the head and is currently in stable condition. A 20-year-old who was grazed in the head and a 19-year-old who was hit in the leg are also both in stable condition.
Police searched the roof of the building across the street, checking from every angle for suspects.
Eyewitness News is told there was no fight before the shooting. Detectives have no idea why one young man was sacrificed under the hoops.
Anti-violence advocates are pleading for all sides to lay down arms.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer 57 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos