New York News
Are the worst drivers in New York or New Jersey?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A new report is fueling the debate about which state has the better drivers - New York or New Jersey.
According to a poll by New Jersey Press Media, 7 out of 10 New Jersey drivers say New York drivers are the worst.
Eyewitness News videotaped drivers in New Jersey and Staten Island and saw tailgating, a school bus going through a red light, as well as no signaling. There were also red light gunners, indecisive drivers in the middle of the intersection as well as a motorcycle in a crosswalk and a city bus sail through an orange red light.
Then, at the intersection of New Dorp and Hyland Blvd, three cars took a red light. They go right through, and then gun it.
Al Lambert has a New Jersey plate in a New York holder.
"When you're on the Parkway every 5 minutes, someone will go past at 103 miles per hour - nonsense!" Lambert says.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new jersey, driving, new york news, michelle charlesworth
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 22 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 14 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77 36 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 14 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
22 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos