New York News
Boy dead after drowning in waters off Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 15-year-old boy is dead after drowning in the waters off Staten Island.
Rescuers pulled Vaughan Mitchell out of the water Wednesday afternoon in New Brighton.
Police say Mitchell was with friends when he ran through a hole in the fence and jumped off a pier near Richmond Terrace and Jersey Street.
He was pulled under by the current and never resurfaced.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, drowning, new york news
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County 58 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says 50 min ago
- Vince Flynn, best-selling author, dies
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: East Village bodega crash
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos