New York News
Teen brutally beaten, robbed near elevator in the Bronx
EASTCHESTER (WABC) -- The teen has a concussion, swelling and bruising on his face, and a busted blood vessel in his eye. That's because three teens bigger than him caught him by surprise.
Surveillance video shows the trio approaching the victim as he waits for the elevator in the Eastchester section around 2:30 p.m. Monday.
In the same fashion that animals surround their prey, three men slip behind the 14 year old . The first two take him by surprise, covering his head with his own hoodie then taking him down with heavy blows. This happened Monday afternoon at Boston Houses in the Eastchester section of the Bronx. With the suspects still at large, we're concealing the victim's identity for his own safety.
"I just walked into the lobby and woke up in the hospital," he said.
At first, the third suspect is solely focused on taping the attack, but then he delivers his own force, kicking the unconscious 9th grader, and steals his shoes. One of the suspects also took his sunglasses, but not his money.
Perhaps it was funny to the suspects, who taped the incident, but the joke may be on them as the robbery and assault was also being recording by housing authority security cameras. Police are circulating video of the three assailants.
"There's no point of having to jump me. No point of them of putting hoodie on over my head. There's no point. It just makes them look even softer," the victim said.
All three suspects are described as black men between 16 and 20 years old, standing 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-10
Anyone with information in regards to this robbery is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, assault, robbery, new york news, darla miles
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen