New York News
LaGuardia Airport tries to fix image with iPads
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Anyone who has trudged through the lines at LaGuardia knows that it's not always pretty. In fact, Travel and Leisure Magazine ranked it the worst airport in the country just last month.
So finally, a piece of good news - 25 hundred of them. Free iPads were installed at the gates in Delta's terminals C and D - a partnership between Delta and OTG, which runs LaGuardia restaurants.
"This is all about an experience. You're gonna take trouble of getting to the airport, you've gone through security, you knew you had to get here early - what are you gonna do?" Said OTG technology officer Albert Lee.
The coolest part? Touch on the iPad, and you can peruse the menus and order your food right to your gate. For Delta passenger John McCarthy, this is enough to beef up LaGuardia's image.
"This could pull LaGuardia up, and make traveling through New York much more enjoyable," said McCarthy.
It will also be more enjoyable for the little ones, too, with games, and the internet.
"They're not really running around, bothering everybody, bothering me," said mother J.J. Moody.
So say you're checking your Facebook, your email, your Twitter, and your flight is boarding, and you have to run away and you forget to log off. Will all of your information be secure?
They say it automatically shuts off within two minutes. Meanwhile, some are quick to point out that there's at least one thing the iPad cannot do at an airport.
"I wanna see the planes just leaving, I don't have to be fussing around with all this stuff, " said Delta passenger Dolores Silver.
There's no app for that.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, laguardia airport, travel, ipad, new york news, stacey sager
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident