New York News
Fire breaks out at Robert DeNiro's apartment
NEW YORK -- A fire that broke out in Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment has been extinguished.
A Fire Department spokesman said no residents were injured in the Friday afternoon fire on Central Park West. The fire was contained within an hour, and the cause was under investigation.
A spokesman for De Niro confirmed that the actor lives in the building. The spokesman, Stan Rosenfield, said De Niro is out of the country.
Residents of the building told The New York Times the fire started in the laundry room of De Niro's apartment. The newspaper also said 95-year-old actress Celeste Holm and her husband, Frank Basile, who live in the building, were in their apartment as firefighters fought to contain the flames.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fire, upper west side, new york news
- South Plainfield High School on lockdown 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 49 min ago
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 9 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 23 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years