New York News
Fire breaks out at Robert DeNiro's apartment
NEW YORK -- A fire that broke out in Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment has been extinguished.
A Fire Department spokesman said no residents were injured in the Friday afternoon fire on Central Park West. The fire was contained within an hour, and the cause was under investigation.
A spokesman for De Niro confirmed that the actor lives in the building. The spokesman, Stan Rosenfield, said De Niro is out of the country.
Residents of the building told The New York Times the fire started in the laundry room of De Niro's apartment. The newspaper also said 95-year-old actress Celeste Holm and her husband, Frank Basile, who live in the building, were in their apartment as firefighters fought to contain the flames.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fire, upper west side, new york news
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 29 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 51 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease 3 min ago
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 7 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos