New York News
Fire breaks out at Robert DeNiro's apartment
NEW YORK -- A fire that broke out in Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment has been extinguished.
A Fire Department spokesman said no residents were injured in the Friday afternoon fire on Central Park West. The fire was contained within an hour, and the cause was under investigation.
A spokesman for De Niro confirmed that the actor lives in the building. The spokesman, Stan Rosenfield, said De Niro is out of the country.
Residents of the building told The New York Times the fire started in the laundry room of De Niro's apartment. The newspaper also said 95-year-old actress Celeste Holm and her husband, Frank Basile, who live in the building, were in their apartment as firefighters fought to contain the flames.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fire, upper west side, new york news
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos