New York News
TLC to vote on 17 percent taxi fare hike July 9
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Taxi fares are set to rise 17 percent under the Bloomberg administration's fare-hike proposal.
The Taxi and Limousine Commission is set to vote on a final proposal from drivers and fleet owners on July 9.
It has been six years since the last fare hike.
The average taxi ride of nearly three miles would cost almost $14 if the plan is adopted.
The $45 fixed price for a ride between Kennedy Airport and Manhattan would rise to $52.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, taxi, new york news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos