New York News
A lifetime of keeping Central Park clean
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A former school teacher and accountant have spent their retirement over the last 25 years gardening, mulching, and picking up trash, but none of the work has been done on their property.
Abe Denowitz grew up, raised his family, and now volunteers with his wife Rita in Central Park. They are just two of the 900 member volunteer team with the Central Park Conservancy.
"We do mulching and weeding and we rake and we laugh... It's a high point for me," said Rita.
The work on this day was snapping off old blooms at the newly restored Rhodeendram mile at 90th and 5th.
Abe and Rita spend two days a week volunteering on their off days you might see them strolling around picking up trash, they will be the cute couple with green shirts looking out for the park.
For more, go to LINK: http://www.centralparknyc.org/
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, central park, new york news, amy freeze
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 59 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 16 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 43 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 42 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 40 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
45 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
25 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
40 min ago