New York News
Bronx school stabbing suspect claims victim of bullying
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Six stitches on the back of nine-year-old Richard McKinney's neck were the result of an unsanctioned playground show and tell.
"I said 'what are you doing with that, you're not supposed not supposed to have that at school'," said McKinney.
The DOE says an 8-year-old classmate brought a double-edged razor blade to P.S. 132 in the Morrisania section of the Bronx, and slashed the third grader the around 12:30 Tuesday afternoon.
McKinney was rushed to Bronx Lebanon hospital.
The NYPD will only say there was a dispute between the two boys. Sources tell Eyewitness News that the 8-year-old suspect told them that he has been bullied and that he brings the blade to school every day. McKinney's family says they have repeatedly complained that he is the victim of bullying, and after being sliced, he's afraid of going back to school.
The eight-year-old was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon and assault two - a felony, and will also be disciplined by the DOE.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, darla miles
- At least 2 dead, 55 hurt in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 11 min ago
- Limited Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape 9 min ago