New York News
Bronx school stabbing suspect claims victim of bullying
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Six stitches on the back of nine-year-old Richard McKinney's neck were the result of an unsanctioned playground show and tell.
"I said 'what are you doing with that, you're not supposed not supposed to have that at school'," said McKinney.
The DOE says an 8-year-old classmate brought a double-edged razor blade to P.S. 132 in the Morrisania section of the Bronx, and slashed the third grader the around 12:30 Tuesday afternoon.
McKinney was rushed to Bronx Lebanon hospital.
The NYPD will only say there was a dispute between the two boys. Sources tell Eyewitness News that the 8-year-old suspect told them that he has been bullied and that he brings the blade to school every day. McKinney's family says they have repeatedly complained that he is the victim of bullying, and after being sliced, he's afraid of going back to school.
The eight-year-old was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon and assault two - a felony, and will also be disciplined by the DOE.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news, darla miles
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flooding causing travel problems 2 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 41 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 9 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flooding causing...
2 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a...
49 min ago