New York News
Electrical fire knocks out power in Midtown Hilton
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two people were injured in an electrical fire in the basement of the Hilton New York in Midtown Manhattan.
Heavy smoke and some fire was reported in the basement of the Avenue of the Americas hotel.
Smoke filled the basement and there was no power in the lobby and other portions of the hotel.
Elevator service throughout the building has been restored, and all guest floors and guest rooms have power.
Two people were injured, one with burns to the arm, the other with a minor head injury. Both are believed to be hotel workers.
The lobby has temporary lighting and crews are working on restoring full power.
The New York spokesperson for the hotel released the following statement:
"There was an electrical power outage at the Hilton New York at approximately 1:10 pm. Con Edison and the New York Fire Department are on the scene investigating the situation. At this time no evacuation has been deemed necessary. The safety, security and well being of our guests and team members remain our top priority. As such we are working with the local authorities to quickly resolve this issue."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures