New York News
Electrical fire knocks out power in Midtown Hilton
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two people were injured in an electrical fire in the basement of the Hilton New York in Midtown Manhattan.
Heavy smoke and some fire was reported in the basement of the Avenue of the Americas hotel.
Smoke filled the basement and there was no power in the lobby and other portions of the hotel.
Elevator service throughout the building has been restored, and all guest floors and guest rooms have power.
Two people were injured, one with burns to the arm, the other with a minor head injury. Both are believed to be hotel workers.
The lobby has temporary lighting and crews are working on restoring full power.
The New York spokesperson for the hotel released the following statement:
"There was an electrical power outage at the Hilton New York at approximately 1:10 pm. Con Edison and the New York Fire Department are on the scene investigating the situation. At this time no evacuation has been deemed necessary. The safety, security and well being of our guests and team members remain our top priority. As such we are working with the local authorities to quickly resolve this issue."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Okla. tornado
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
51 min ago
- Final four dance in 'Dancing with the...
59 min ago