New York News
Brooklyn principal accused of hitting student
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Brooklyn school principal is under investigation for allegedly smacking an 11-year old in the mouth.
Greta Hawkins is principal at PS 90 in Coney Island.
Last month, Hawkins allegedly took away the student's cell phone.
She's now accused of striking the fifth grader, who reportedly suffered a fat lip.
The boy says he blacked out and can't remember the incident.
Hawkins was previously disciplined for racial and religious remarks she made at a staff meeting.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 21 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos