New York News
Alleged 'Burberry Bandit' arrested again in bank heist
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man's preference for certain designer duds apparently led to his arrest.
Police picked up 21-year-old Cornell Neilly Wednesday as he allegedly tried to rob yet another bank.
Neilly is now charged in 14 bank heists up and down Manhattan.
Surveillance video from two of those show him wearing a plaid shirt from Burberry.
He confessed to cops he was robbing banks so he could buy more Burberry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, midtown, upper west side, bank robbery, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 57 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
16 min ago