New York News
Spurs G Tony Parker hurt in Chris Brown-Drake brawl
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Reuters is reporting that San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker was among those injured when a brawl broke out between Chris Brown and Drake's entourage at a popular New York City nightclub early Thursday.
The NBA all-star, set to play for France in the Olympics, reportedly got glass shards in his eye and suffered a scratched cornea.
Parker is out of action for at least a week, but is not expected to miss any time in the Games.
"I was there with a bunch of friends when a fight broke out," Parker said at a press conference. "They started to throw bottles about... I was lucky. The injury won't prevent me from competing the Olympics in any way."
Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were injured in the dance floor showdown. Brown tweeted a photo of himself with a cut chin, then later removed it, as well as other messages about the fight, including epithets and taunts.
A representative later released a statement saying the singer and his girlfriend, model Karrueche Tran, were victims of a "brutal attack."
A representative for Drake said the star was on his way out of the club when the altercation began.
"He did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to person or damage to property," according to the statement.
Meanwhile, the club where the brawl took place has been closed.
Police shut it down due to numerous violations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, chris brown, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 5 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 3 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 37 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos