New York News
Spurs G Tony Parker hurt in Chris Brown-Drake brawl
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Reuters is reporting that San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker was among those injured when a brawl broke out between Chris Brown and Drake's entourage at a popular New York City nightclub early Thursday.
The NBA all-star, set to play for France in the Olympics, reportedly got glass shards in his eye and suffered a scratched cornea.
Parker is out of action for at least a week, but is not expected to miss any time in the Games.
"I was there with a bunch of friends when a fight broke out," Parker said at a press conference. "They started to throw bottles about... I was lucky. The injury won't prevent me from competing the Olympics in any way."
Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were injured in the dance floor showdown. Brown tweeted a photo of himself with a cut chin, then later removed it, as well as other messages about the fight, including epithets and taunts.
A representative later released a statement saying the singer and his girlfriend, model Karrueche Tran, were victims of a "brutal attack."
A representative for Drake said the star was on his way out of the club when the altercation began.
"He did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to person or damage to property," according to the statement.
Meanwhile, the club where the brawl took place has been closed.
Police shut it down due to numerous violations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, chris brown, new york news
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos