New York News
School bus driver assaulted in the Bronx
TREMONT (WABC) -- Cries for justice could be heard outside of Bronx Criminal Court on Friday morning.
School bus drivers are outraged after a vicious attack on one of their own. Juan Delvalle, a 65-year old driver and grandfather, was left lying motionless in a pool of blood.
Surveillance video shows Delvalle's bus inching down the narrow street. There's a double parked car on the right side. The bus clips the side view mirror, and an argument ensues between Delvalle and the car's owner.
Joey Scott, 28, is accused punching the bus driver. Delvalle collapses and slams his head on the pavement. He remains in a medically-induced coma.
Delvalle's colleagues protested outside and packed the courtroom inside during the suspect's arraignment on Friday. They say their job is more dangerous than people realize.
Scott, who has served time for attempted robbery, was ordered held on 250-thousand dollars bail.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, tremont, assault, crime, new york news, marcus solis
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 52 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos