New York News
School bus driver assaulted in the Bronx
TREMONT (WABC) -- Cries for justice could be heard outside of Bronx Criminal Court on Friday morning.
School bus drivers are outraged after a vicious attack on one of their own. Juan Delvalle, a 65-year old driver and grandfather, was left lying motionless in a pool of blood.
Surveillance video shows Delvalle's bus inching down the narrow street. There's a double parked car on the right side. The bus clips the side view mirror, and an argument ensues between Delvalle and the car's owner.
Joey Scott, 28, is accused punching the bus driver. Delvalle collapses and slams his head on the pavement. He remains in a medically-induced coma.
Delvalle's colleagues protested outside and packed the courtroom inside during the suspect's arraignment on Friday. They say their job is more dangerous than people realize.
Scott, who has served time for attempted robbery, was ordered held on 250-thousand dollars bail.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, tremont, assault, crime, new york news, marcus solis
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos