New York News
Club where Chris Brown, Drake fought is closed
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have shut down a New York City nightclub where singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake's entourage got in a bottle-throwing brawl.
A New York Police Department spokeswoman says the club W.i.P in SoHo was closed Saturday night on code violations. The NYPD did not provide details on the violations.
Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the club last week.
Police say members of Drake's entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.
Professional basketball star Tony Parker says he suffered a scratched retina on one of his eyes during the brawl.
Drake's representatives say he was on his way out when the fight began and did not injure anyone. Brown spoke to police.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, soho, brawl, new york news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 19 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 21 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
45 min ago