New York News
School bus carrying 5 kids, 2 adults overturns
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A school bus carrying five children and two adults collided with a taxi and overturned in Queens Monday morning.
The accident happened at 87th Avenue and 150th Street in the Briarwood section.
A taxi cab passed a red light hitting the mini-bus and tipping it over, police said.
The children were all special education students attending several schools, including PS 80Q.
The bus matron was seriously hurt and is in the intensive care unit at Jamaica Hospital after she was trapped in the wreckage, and several kids were seen being taken from the scene strapped to stretchers. The taxi driver was also brought to the hospital, but all other injuries except the matron were believed to be minor.
Witnesses say the taxi driver may have been on a cell phone and drove through a red light. No charged have been filed against either driver.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, school bus accident, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 25 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 22 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 19 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
1 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos