New York News
Cars vandalized with BB gun in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nearly a dozen cars were vandalized by a suspect armed with a BB gun overnight in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The cars were all parked along a four block stretch of Lee Avenue. One after another a vandal was randomly choosing those cars, shooting out the windows with no pattern and no apparent motive.
The early morning crime spree through in a predominantly Hasidic neighborhood left some owners shaken and not willing to speak after inspecting the damage.
Police say it doesn't appear as if anything was stolen from the cars.
Traffic was caught on video from a security camera outside one of the buildings. Police believe a b-b or pellet gun was used so there is no apparent flash when the window is shot out, but area residents are hoping someone may have seen something.
Crime scene officers came to collect video evidence on Tuesday while other uniformed officers were encouraging owners to make a police report. A team of seven detectives canvassed the neighborhood moving door to door.
Not far away but still in this area, police discovered this disturbing hate message against Jews scrawled on the street at the corner of South 8 Street and Berry. They are investigating this incident as well. Police are investigating, and anyone with information is asked to call authorities.
PHOTO GALLERY: PHOTOS FROM THE VANDALISM
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, vandalism, new york news, tim fleischer
- Americans on board missing Malaysia Airlines flight ID'd 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 17 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing Malaysia...
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos