New York News
10-story hotel planned for Brooklyn Bridge Park
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 10-story luxury hotel and residential complex and a five-story residential building will be built on the Brooklyn waterfront as part of the planned development of Brooklyn Bridge Park, Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Tuesday.
The buildings - expected to hold 200 hotel rooms, 159 residential units and 16,000 square feet of restaurant space - are to be developed by Toll Brothers City Living and Starwood Capital Group, the mayor said.
The development, to be built on a 100,000-square-foot unoccupied lot, is one of several expected to finance the maintenance of the 85-acre park just south of the Brooklyn Bridge. The first section of the green space opened in 2010.
The buildings - slated to be completed by late 2015 - are expected to ultimately provide $3.3 million of the anticipated $16 million yearly maintenance costs for the park.
Renderings of the planned design of the buildings show what officials describe as "a stepped facade of stone and metal, sculpted to embrace the unparalleled views of the New York harbor and the park." Pathways would lead through the building complex to the green space along the waterfront.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn bridge park, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 12 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 57 min ago
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 43 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
42 min ago