New York News
Missing 5-year-old South Ozone Park boy found safe
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens have found a 5-year-old boy who apparently walked out of his apartment early Thursday.
Zackary Nazario was found in the vicinity of Rockaway Boulevard and the Van Wyck Expressway, about 16 blocks east of where he disappeared. A Good Samaritan reportedly spotted him.
He is reportedly in good condition and is being brought back to his mother for evaluation.
Authorities say Nazario walked out of his home on Rockaway Boulevard and 118th Street in South Ozone Park around 1:30 a.m., while his 23-year-old brother, who was watching him, ran out to the store.
When he returned, the boy was gone.
Police, several with K-9 dogs, had been searching in alleyways, basements and even opened a locked icebox. A helicopter scoured rooftops from the air.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, ozone park, missing children, new york news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos