New York News
Missing 5-year-old South Ozone Park boy found safe
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens have found a 5-year-old boy who apparently walked out of his apartment early Thursday.
Zackary Nazario was found in the vicinity of Rockaway Boulevard and the Van Wyck Expressway, about 16 blocks east of where he disappeared. A Good Samaritan reportedly spotted him.
He is reportedly in good condition and is being brought back to his mother for evaluation.
Authorities say Nazario walked out of his home on Rockaway Boulevard and 118th Street in South Ozone Park around 1:30 a.m., while his 23-year-old brother, who was watching him, ran out to the store.
When he returned, the boy was gone.
Police, several with K-9 dogs, had been searching in alleyways, basements and even opened a locked icebox. A helicopter scoured rooftops from the air.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, ozone park, missing children, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village 25 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 9 min ago
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley 3 min ago
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery 10 min ago
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands 45 min ago
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony 59 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut 32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos