New York News
Missing 5-year-old South Ozone Park boy found safe
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Queens have found a 5-year-old boy who apparently walked out of his apartment early Thursday.
Zackary Nazario was found in the vicinity of Rockaway Boulevard and the Van Wyck Expressway, about 16 blocks east of where he disappeared. A Good Samaritan reportedly spotted him.
He is reportedly in good condition and is being brought back to his mother for evaluation.
Authorities say Nazario walked out of his home on Rockaway Boulevard and 118th Street in South Ozone Park around 1:30 a.m., while his 23-year-old brother, who was watching him, ran out to the store.
When he returned, the boy was gone.
Police, several with K-9 dogs, had been searching in alleyways, basements and even opened a locked icebox. A helicopter scoured rooftops from the air.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, ozone park, missing children, new york news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 33 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 31 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013