New York News
Tony Parker sues SoHo club over eye injury
NEW YORK -- San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker is suing a New York City club and its operators for $20 million over a scratched retina he says he suffered during a fight involving singer Chris Brown and members of hip-hop star Drake's entourage.
The suit was filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan on Thursday. It says the W.i.P club in SoHo and its operators were negligent in security and supervision, which allowed the fight to take place.
Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the club last week. Police say members of Drake's entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 21 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos