New York News
Tony Parker sues SoHo club over eye injury
NEW YORK -- San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker is suing a New York City club and its operators for $20 million over a scratched retina he says he suffered during a fight involving singer Chris Brown and members of hip-hop star Drake's entourage.
The suit was filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan on Thursday. It says the W.i.P club in SoHo and its operators were negligent in security and supervision, which allowed the fight to take place.
Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the club last week. Police say members of Drake's entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting 21 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench 10 min ago
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake 4 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Box cutter found on Tokyo flight to NYC
- Man beaten with a bat and brick for his iPod
- LIRR: Near normal commute expected Wednesday
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100 in Game 6
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench
- Photos: Most Wanted: Nassau County
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens...
10 min ago