New York News
2 men rescued from water off Coney Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two men were pulled from the waters off Coney Island Friday morning.
One of the men, in his 40s, jumped off the pier at Coney Island just after 7:30 a.m. Another man, in his 60s, went into the water to rescue him.
They were both rescued by a boat, rushed to the beach and taken to Coney Island Hospital.
The man who initially jumped in is in stable condition. The man who attempted to rescue him is critical.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown, 43 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea 23 min ago
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria 14 min ago
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines 25 min ago
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active' 57 min ago
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday 58 min ago
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse