New York News
Cuomo proposes toll break for Staten Island-to-Jersey trips
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Driving from Staten Island to New Jersey could soon be less expensive for regular commuters who use E-ZPass.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has proposed a plan to give drivers toll discounts after two trips over the Goethals and Bayonne bridges and the Outerbridge Crossing.
The fee for E-ZPass users would go from $12 to $4.75, starting on a driver's third trip and for each subsequent trip over a 30-day period.
The Port Authority board is slated to vote on the issue on Thursday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, new jersey, tolls, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 11 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK 48 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 5 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
5 min ago
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
44 min ago