New York News
Cuomo proposes toll break for Staten Island-to-Jersey trips
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Driving from Staten Island to New Jersey could soon be less expensive for regular commuters who use E-ZPass.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has proposed a plan to give drivers toll discounts after two trips over the Goethals and Bayonne bridges and the Outerbridge Crossing.
The fee for E-ZPass users would go from $12 to $4.75, starting on a driver's third trip and for each subsequent trip over a 30-day period.
The Port Authority board is slated to vote on the issue on Thursday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, new jersey, tolls, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos