New York News
Cuomo proposes toll break for Staten Island-to-Jersey trips
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Driving from Staten Island to New Jersey could soon be less expensive for regular commuters who use E-ZPass.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has proposed a plan to give drivers toll discounts after two trips over the Goethals and Bayonne bridges and the Outerbridge Crossing.
The fee for E-ZPass users would go from $12 to $4.75, starting on a driver's third trip and for each subsequent trip over a 30-day period.
The Port Authority board is slated to vote on the issue on Thursday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, new jersey, tolls, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 34 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos