New York News
Grand Central Apple Store boosts other businesses
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Call it the Apple effect.
Ever since the Apple Store opened in Grand Central Terminal in December, other stores there have seen a boost in business.
Profits have shot up an average of 7.5 percent.
The MTA was able to earn $20 million in rent last year, a 33 percent increase.
Officials are now looking to rent out space for two new restaurants.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, grand central station, apple, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos