New York News
Site of Chris Brown-Drake brawl sues New York City
NEW YORK -- A New York nightclub that was the site of a celebrity-studded, bottle-tossing brawl is suing the city for shutting it down.
The company that runs Greenhouse says in a lawsuit made public Monday it's losing $264,000 a week.
City lawyers say the club also filed other papers last week seeking to reopen and the matter remains unresolved.
Greenhouse's lawyer and publicist won't comment.
Police shuttered Greenhouse on June 16, citing code violations. Two days earlier, R&B singer Chris Brown and members of rapper Drake's entourage faced off in the club's basement lounge, called W.i.P. Brown and NBA star Tony Parker were among those injured.
Police say people in Drake's entourage stopped Brown on his way out. Drake's representatives say he was leaving when the fight began and didn't hurt anyone.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brawl, new york news
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 54 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Residents protest bike sharing program 55 min ago
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
54 min ago
- Protestors against location of bike share...
52 min ago